Error while attempting to report ad on page

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
FuryoftheStars

Error while attempting to report ad on page

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Hi,

I was attempting to report an annoying video ad that follows you around as you scroll up and down on www.nexusmods.com, but keep getting error "413 Request Entity Too Large" during the final steps of the submission process. I'm using AdBlock version 3.10 in Firefox 83.0 on Windows 10 64-bit. I don't have any custom filters and the only other extension for Firefox I'm using is one that loads your homepage for new tabs.
rutger62

Re: Error while attempting to report ad on page

Post by rutger62 »

Same problem here: trying to report ads on https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps ... store.html

Adblock issue reporter error in Send report:

An attempt to send the report failed with error code "413 Request Entity Too Large". Please ensure you are connected to the Internet and retry. If the problem persists please request assistance in the Adblock Plus forum.

413 Request Entity Too Large
nginx

Using Adblock Version number 3.10.2 on Firefox 85.0.1 (64-bit)
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Error while attempting to report ad on page

Post by greiner »

It looks like there are some excessively long filters on those pages, which are then being included in the issue report. We've already increased the maximum issue report size we accept in the past, so I've now reported this problem to the responsible filter authors, urging them to be mindful about the size of their filters and to explore some long-term solutions.

Alternatively, we could work around this problem in the extension, by trimming the filter text, or on the server side, by accepting even larger issue reports. But those would only further delay the problem rather than fix it.

In the meantime, you can follow these troubleshooting tips or report any ad blocking problems directly to the filter authors (e.g. EasyList at https://forums.lanik.us/).