Bet365 Issue (Firefox 84)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
PedroNeto

Bet365 Issue (Firefox 84)

Post by PedroNeto »

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with bet365.com on Firefox 84. Essentially, the page won't load, and I get the error: "A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do?". The options are stop it or wait but waiting never loads the page, the error simply reoccurs. I know I am not the only one having this issue as I have seen others post about it on a gambling forum.

I have narrowed down the issue to Adblock Plus. The site loads perfectly fine with ABP disabled in an Incognito window and perfectly fine on Edge. I have whitelisted the site but this appears to make no difference.

Any idea of the cause of this, or a workaround? I use the site frequently as I work in the betting industry so ideally could do with it working as intended.

Thanks in advance.
fpe

Re: Bet365 Issue (Firefox 84)

Post by fpe »

I got the same issue with bet365.com and adblock plus.
I tested both Firefox 86 / Firefox ESR 78.8 and latest adblock plus, I disabled all filters and add to whitelist bet365.com but still same problem - "A web page is slowing down your browser."
If disable adblock addon then the website open works fine. So for now I just set the addon Adblock plus to do not use it in Private windows and I open bet365.com in private window when I use it and this way works.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Bet365 Issue (Firefox 84)

Post by greiner »

We are actively looking into this internally. From what we're seeing in the page's obfuscated code, this behavior appears to be intentional by Bet365 in an attempt to lock you out.

While we are going to be able to handle that particular problem with a future update, as a web user, I personally wouldn't recommend visiting/supporting any site that actively tries to break itself, as it could harm your computer. As seen on other sites, websites already have the ability to deny access for ad blocking users without having to go to such extremes.