AdBlock+ fails to write to configuration file "patterns.in"

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
kmelon

AdBlock+ fails to write to configuration file "patterns.in"

Post by kmelon »

Hello,

My system recently crashed, requiring me to fsck a few files, including some within the Firefox cache.
A few cookies were corrupted -> solved by clearing all cookies.
But AdBlock+ does not save its settings (patterns.ini) even after removing & re-installing.

The Firefox Addon debugger shows the following errors:

Code: Select all

UnknownError: The operation failed for reasons unrelated to the database itself and not covered by any other error code. ExtensionStorageIDB.jsm:831
Uncaught (in promise) Error: An unexpected error occurred undefined
UnknownError: The operation failed for reasons unrelated to the database itself and not covered by any other error code. ExtensionStorageIDB.jsm:831
Uncaught (in promise) Error: An unexpected error occurred undefined
debuggee 'moz-extension://89b881a4-66ea-417f-ba23-564a75b9beb9/ext/background.js:108' would run ExtensionCommon.jsm:616:24
And the origin of "Error: An unexpected error occurred undefined" is the following line:

Q: Which directory or file do I need to remove or chmod-fix in order to solve this problem? As said, re-installing AdBlock+ still causes the same issue.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: AdBlock+ fails to write to configuration file "patterns.in"

Post by greiner »

Extensions don't interact with the file system directly so how that data is being stored on the file system is up to Firefox and is subject to change between browser versions. Therefore best to check back with Mozilla for details on that, create a new browser profile or reinstall Firefox.
kmelon

Re: AdBlock+ fails to write to configuration file "patterns.in"

Post by kmelon »

Okay thank you. I created a new profile and imported the imporant files according to the instructions from the Mozilla webpage.

Workaround found. Issue solved.