Element Hiding Helper for Palemoon

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
frmariam

Element Hiding Helper for Palemoon

Post by frmariam »

Good evening
Starting with this version, Palemoon removed support for all extentions not specifically targeting it... Even it they should work perfectly.
This affects Element Hiding Helper (which is still a very useful extension and something I miss in the current ABP for Chromium / Firefox)
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.ph ... 8f3f2675b8

Any chance you could re-release it with just this small change?
It would probably keep the extention running for the foreseable future

Best regards
Context

Re: Element Hiding Helper for Palemoon

Post by Context »

I've joined this forum just to "second" this request for a refreshed version of Element Hiding Helper for the newest Palemoon browser.

I've used Element Hiding Helper for years and have found it to be a great—and easy to use—piece of software that makes me feel like I have a fighting chance at keeping some of the more egregious tactics that websites use "in check". Without it, they are free to trample over my desktop with whatever they want.

Maybe there's more to the software than I realize. But the capability to make "on the fly" additions to the Element Hiding Rules—the way Element Hiding Helper does it—seems to be essential for any browser.
Context

Re: Element Hiding Helper for Palemoon

Post by Context »

For anyone following or finding this thread, be advised that a revised version of Element Hiding Helper is now available for Pale Moon:

forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82159&p=209748#p209748

Initial tests show that it works as expected and is accessed via the Adblock icon on the browser's status bar.