Custom filters in Firefox for Android

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Anon27

Custom filters in Firefox for Android

Post by Anon27 »

Hi,
I'm using AdBlock Plus 3.11 on Firefox for Android 68.9.0 (as far as I know, the latest compatible version) and, recently, one of the websites I use (kimcartoon.li) has been experiencing a phishing problem (whenever I click on a link there, I'm redirected to a malicious domain ghosthis.review or kisscenter.net, even though the real page still exists, I just can't access it without being redirected to the clone); I believe I could fix this issue by adding a custom filter (maybe something like ||kimcartoon.li^$first-party,popup? I'm new to advanced custom filtering, so my plan was to test it out and keep tweaking until I found one that works… needless to say, any suggestions would be appreciated), but I can't seem to find where the custom filters are. To be clear, I'm not trying to add a custom filter list (already have enough of those… of course, if anyone knows of a list that already has a filter suited for my specific current need, I'll take it), I believe AdBlock Plus has a custom list of user-written rules in addition to the filter list subscriptions, that is what I'm trying to access so I can add a new filter I intend to write myself to fix the specific problem I'm having.

…Incidentally, the ABP version I use in my computer browser can show me all elements (scripts, XML requests, images, popups, etc) in a given page so I can manually parse them and block out specific elements as well as create new general filters so my ABP can evolve in response to my personal needs; I don't suppose any mobile version (Firefox for Android, ABP Browser for Android, etc) can do that, right? If they can, how do I access this option?

PS: please don't take offence at my use of bold; I'm told I'm a very prolix person (and indeed, I'm prone to digressing, giving too much information and adding extra questions that risk shifting the focus away from the main concern), so I was trying to highlight what's really important and what my main concern is (this way, if you don't want to read everything I wrote, just read the bold parts for a quick TL;DR).