anti adblock scripts

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
gebi

anti adblock scripts

Post by gebi »

Hi,
are you planning to take any measures against anti adblock scripts like http://antiblock.org/?p=script ?
(You could for example deliver empty files instead of loading errors on pages that are known to use an anti adblock script.)
And if not, are there any browser addons that deal with these scripts?
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: anti adblock scripts

Post by MonztA »

EasyList circumvents this script whether we find a site using it. Do you have some example sites?
gebi

Post by gebi »

How can EasyList circumvent the script? As far as I understand the script and AdBlock, this is not possible. Or do you talk about simple whitelisting of all sites using the script? What I am looking for is a way to block ads, even if there is an anti adblock script on the site.
I found 3 sites using the mentioned anti adblock script, and using "EasyList Germany+EasyList (Deutsch)" I get the message "Please disable your ad blocker!" on all of them:
http://www.risiko-gesundheit.de/
http://www.onlineberatung-therapie.de/p ... ungen.html
http://antiblock.org/?p=script&demo
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Adblock Plus is able to whitelist certain elements so that the ads stay blocked.

I don't want to go into detail here. Please register in this forum (or in the EasyList forums) and write me a PM (write a PM in the EasyList forums). Feel free to write in German.

I've added some anti adblock filters for the first 2 sites. You can force a subscription update in Adblock Plus preferences to test it. I won't add one for antiblock.org for a certain reason. :wink:
nico62100

Post by nico62100 »

Hi from France ;)

Here is another site who block anything if adblock is activated...

http://www.gentside.com

Can you do something ?

(French site only so I think it could be in FR list)

I love your firefox extension :D

Thanks !

Nicolas
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Globe

Post by Globe »

Bunch of theives here.
le mat

Post by le mat »

Bonjour,

je viens d'installer un script anti adblock sur mes sites. Pour les visiter il faut désormais désactiver le plugin adblock plus.

Vous allez me dire "Quel con ! c'est nul " etc. Mais je paye un hébergeur pour mes sites. La pub n'y est pas intrusive et adblock me bloque quand même... Alors voilà que fait-on ?

Le jour où mes sites me couteront de l'argent pour hébergement je les fermerais, un point c'est tout. Et finit la gratuité pour tout le monde. Car si je dois les ouvrir à nouveau ce sera avec accès payant, ce qui ne m'enchante pas du tout ! Je pense que je ne suis pas le seul webmaster qui pense pareil.

Quand c'est gratuit, cela a forcément couté à quelqu'un ! Les pubs ne me font pas vraiment gagner d'argent mais elles me permettent de partager gratuitement un savoir et des passions : Runes & Tarot de Marseille.
le mat

Post by le mat »

Hello,

I just installed a anti adblock script on my sites. To visit must now disable adblock plus plugin.

You tell me, "What idiot! Sucks" etc.. But I pay a host for my sites. Advertising is not intrusive and adblock blocking me anyway ... So what are we doing here?

The day my sites will cost me money for accommodation I would close, and that's all. And finally free for everyone. Because if I open them again it will be with paid access, which delights me not! I think I'm not the only one who thinks like webmaster.

When it's free, it necessarily has costed someone! Pubs do not make me really earn money but they allow me to freely share knowledge and passions: Runes & Tarot de Marseille.

=====================================================================================================================================================================

Hola,

Acabo de instalar un anti guión Adblock en mis sitios. Para visitar ahora debe desactivar Adblock Plus plugin.

Usted me dice: "¿Qué idiota! Sucks", etc. Pero me pagar un host para mis sitios. La publicidad no es intrusiva y Adblock me bloquea todos modos ... Entonces, ¿qué estamos haciendo aquí?

El día que mis sitios me va a costar dinero para el alojamiento cerraba, y eso es todo. Y finalmente libre para todos. Porque si los abro de nuevo será con acceso de pago, lo que no me encanta! Creo que no soy el único que piensa como webmaster.

Cuando es libre, necesariamente ha costado a alguien! Pubs, no me hagas realmente ganar dinero, pero permítanme compartir libremente conocimientos y pasiones: Runas y Tarot de Marsella.

==============================================================================================================================================================================

Hallo,

Ich habe gerade eine Anti adblock Skript auf meinen Seiten. Zu besichtigen müssen jetzt deaktivieren Adblock Plus Plugin.

Sie sagen mir: "Welcher Idiot! Sucks" etc.. Aber ich zahlen einen Host für meine Websites. Werbung ist nicht aufdringlich und adblock blockiert mich sowieso ... Also, was tun wir hier?

Der Tag meiner Seiten kostet mich Geld für Unterkunft würde ich schließen, und das ist alles. Und endlich frei für jedermann. Denn wenn ich sie wieder öffnen wird es mit bezahlten Zugang, was mich begeistert nicht sein! Ich glaube, ich bin nicht der einzige, der wie webmaster denkt.

Wenn es kostenlos ist, ist es notwendig hat jemand kalkuliert! Pubs mach mich nicht wirklich Geld verdienen, aber sie erlauben mir frei zu teilen Wissen und Leidenschaften: Runes & Tarot de Marseille.
noadsever

anti adblock systems ALWAYS fail : interconnected intellect

Post by noadsever »

:sigh: this inane "the world owes me" tirade again?

le mat wrote: must now disable adblock plus plugin.
false.
But I pay a host for my sites.
"I had to pay money for [insert object of abuse]. My plan is to make money from it. You therefore owe me"

That's your plan. That's not my plan.

There are less people of your mindset than there are those of mine. You are, however, free to maintain one is greater than 2 (1>2).

Advertising is not intrusive
false

If you hosted the ads on the same server as your content, and it was NOT active content I would not block it. Combine active content with third party that a huge number of others employ and you provide the most vile personal violation via the interweb
So what are we doing here?
You are being irrational or simply delusional. I am here to refute you and your ilk.

WE are here to refine adBLOCKing to protect our privacy from violations.

The day my sites

What is the purpose behind creation of the interweb? (hint: it is not to provide profiteering rapists a platform.) I have no problem with ethical capitalism.

I would close
Excellent. Please advise me so I can celebrate that day.

finally free for everyone.
You are misusing the word "free" much like you are misusing the interweb. Free means NO cost. When you offer someone else something for free that someone has NO cost. If you do expect them to pay a cost for the SAKE OF TRUTH cease employing the word "free". The word "adware" needs to be expanded- or modified for interweb application.

Warn users that they are expected to PAY to view your sites. The PAYMENT you expect is savaged privacy. That you do not yourself value privacy does not mean privacy is without value.

As established you are either irrational or delusional.

Because if I open them again it will be with paid access, which delights me not!
Perhaps you will learn (1) contrast between cost and valuation, (2) scarcity and demand, (3) quality. Even if you do actually have something to offer of interest to others given your disdain for customers per se how will you be able to convince them to spend?

I think I'm not the only one who thinks like webmaster

The world is not better with more of those.

When it's free, it necessarily has costed someone!
Define charity.

Contrast with harming others for profit.

Which is objectively better?

Apply to right use of interweb.

Please be less horrible soon.
XMPP OTR for privacy
JMJimmy

Post by JMJimmy »

I love your reply. Freaking awesome.
CyberTech

Post by CyberTech »

I'm running my own website without Ad's! I hate them so mutch that i use AdBlock from the begining.

I don't use Anti-ADBlock scripts of false object's. It's my hobby and a hobby can cost money and also my website costs money but f*ck it. :D

I LOVE WHAT I DO. :twisted:
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

CyberTech wrote:I'm running my own website without Ad's! I hate them so mutch that i use AdBlock from the begining.

I don't use Anti-ADBlock scripts of false object's. It's my hobby and a hobby can cost money and also my website costs money but f*ck it. :D

Signed, I pay for my own site too, albeit it's not so high-traffic that I even need to defray the cost with advertising.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
CyberTech

Post by CyberTech »

lewisje wrote:
CyberTech wrote:I'm running my own website without Ad's! I hate them so mutch that i use AdBlock from the begining.

Signed, I pay for my own site too, albeit it's not so high-traffic that I even need to defray the cost with advertising.
My site is running on HTTPS and that is almost 100 Euro's p.m.
As i have said, running a normal website can cost monney. My site isn't high-traffic, but i have some peak with the visitors.