Strange ... after using Adblock+ I got additional ad pages!

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Peter Smith

Strange ... after using Adblock+ I got additional ad pages!

Post by Peter Smith »

That's strange but believe it:
After using/activating Adblock+ (with FF 1.06) I got in one case additional, new advertisment pages I got never before:

Type in a non existing URL (e.g. klofjghdlkjdsfgkl ) and see what happens without Adblock+ and with Adblock+ ...

Without Adblock+, I got only a keyword search with Google.

With Adblock+, now I got alternating new ad pages with many exciting offers :-((

I am not sure what part of Adblock+ is the reason, but I guess it is related with the host of the pages (sitesled.com).

PLEASE REMOVE THIS PARTICULAR SERVICE. I THOUGHT I GOT LESS AD'S AND NOW I GET MORE (in the specific case, see above).
:(
Peter again

Re: Strange ... after using Adblock+ I got additional ad pag

Post by Peter again »

Peter Smith wrote:That's strange but believe it:
After using/activating Adblock+ (with FF 1.06) I got in one case additional, new advertisment pages I got never before:

Type in a non existing URL (e.g. klofjghdlkjdsfgkl ) and see what happens without Adblock+ and with Adblock+ ...

Without Adblock+, I got only a keyword search with Google.

With Adblock+, now I got alternating new ad pages with many exciting offers :-(

[...]
Seems that nobody believes me or it is really intentional.
And, what also is surprising, no excuses or explanations from the developers.
So I will inform my collegues and friends to avoid using "Adblock Plus", because the described behaviour is not excusable.

Regards
Peter
HEKPOMAH

Post by HEKPOMAH »

It's normally. Use Adblock- instead Adblock+! :)
mcm

Post by mcm »

I'm sorry I have only just read this thread, but as I'm busy it might take a couple weeks before you see a reply from me.

As for your issue this is not related to the Adblock extension. Whenever you type something into the location bar it performs a Google I'm Feeling Lucky search which basically means that Firefox takes you the first site you would get if you typed the same thing into google. Try typing "firefox forum" into the location bar and see if it takes you to the "http://forums.mozillazine.org/" site.
Peter again 2nd time

Post by Peter again 2nd time »

mcm wrote:I'm sorry I have only just read this thread, but as I'm busy it might take a couple weeks before you see a reply from me.

As for your issue this is not related to the Adblock extension. Whenever you type something into the location bar it performs a Google I'm Feeling Lucky search which basically means that Firefox takes you the first site you would get if you typed the same thing into google. Try typing "firefox forum" into the location bar and see if it takes you to the "http://forums.mozillazine.org/" site.
This is ridiculous. That's just wrong.
Try this without adblock "plus". If so, you will see the difference.
There is just a "keyword search" page. Not really a random ad page.
But with adblock plus, there is a random advertisment page.
So, no napless excuses please.

Post by Guest »

I regret wasting my time, I got a google search both tries,no advertising sites here. have you scanned for spyware. unless it's some wierd glitch contrary to your system.

Post by Guest »

I regret wasting my time, I got a google search both tries,no advertising sites here. have you scanned for spyware. unless it's some wierd glitch contrary to your system.

Post by Guest »

That's strange but believe it:

Just happended to me, but I think it has to do with google I'm feeling lucky search not adblock in particular, websites not being available or offline I tried www.timemagizine.com and got
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at click.linksynergy.com.
url= http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... =2&subid=3
mcm

Post by mcm »

Peter again 2nd time wrote:This is ridiculous. That's just wrong.
Try this without adblock "plus". If so, you will see the difference.
There is just a "keyword search" page. Not really a random ad page.
But with adblock plus, there is a random advertisment page.
So, no napless excuses please.
If you want to change the behaviour then just type about:config into the location bar and enter keyword into the filter field. With these two preferences you can either disable the ability or change the URL that it calls.