Copying all or part of a Filter for Editing

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Paulfox

Copying all or part of a Filter for Editing

Post by Paulfox »

I'm trying to figure out why highlighting and copying part of a filter, and/or pasting elements of a filter to AdBlock - is sometimes "weird."

I uninstalled AutoCopy 0.6.0 (was using 0.5.4 w/FX 1.06) - to see if that was the culprit. Sure enough things improved. However, if I copy part of a text file (Notepad) and attempt to paste in the "accept new filter line" in AdBlock prefs, it often does nothing. If I attempt to install another filter element within a highlighted filter in the list, I have to make a "space" first before it will paste. Weird, huh? Anyone else have this problem? AM I doing something miraculously stupid?! Any input appreciated - then if I can isolate this I'll "force" AutoCopy 0.5.4 back on and audition that again.

Cheers/p
mcm

Post by mcm »

Well if it's into the "New Filter" box then that's just a widget Firefox provides and outside of Adblock's control. You could try the Autocopy mailing list of the mozillazine forums to see if any one knows of a bug in Firefox.