4OD has blocked adblocker

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
Uploaded

Re: 4OD has blocked adblocker

Post by Uploaded »

For those still having problems: If you have the Ghostery addon installed then you will have to disable blocking to '24/7 Media' (Realmedia).

If combined with the proxy foxy solution then this works fine.

I'm not sure if foxy proxy is stopping their tracker bugs as well or not, but I expect it is on the Channel 4 website.

Shame Ghostery doesn't have a disable only on this site option - per tracker. They do have a white list, but that would enable all trackers on channel4.
Chilly8

Post by Chilly8 »

4od_watcher wrote:Just got the same message... I refuse to watch any online content with ads. Need assistance!

The only resason I use ad blockers is because Flash ads can insert malware into your computer. If they could find a way to stop Flash ads from inserting malware, I would not need to use an ad blocker.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

^The sandboxing in Flash Player 11.3 may help greatly, but in general your concern is valid, and even more especially for Java.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
JustPassingBy

Post by JustPassingBy »

I've stumbled upon this thread, so might drop in a "possible" solution.
-http://adblockvideo.com/ It's a Firefox add-on just for video ads, I don't know if it will work.
Billy the Crocodile.

Post by Billy the Crocodile. »

Help, the c**ts have done it again. I need to resolve this issue.