Can't block this ad

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
byron.hawkins

Can't block this ad

Post by byron.hawkins »

In the upper right corner of this page there is an element containing obnoxious ads. For some reason ABP won't block it, even if I right-click the element and choose "Block Element". Here is the page:

Code: Select all

http://www.reverso.net/orthographe/correcteur-francais/
If someone can give me the syntax for identifying this element, I'll try adding it to my filters. Thanks.
mapx

Re: Can't block this ad

Post by mapx »

add

Code: Select all

reverso.net###vdasection
byron.hawkins

Post by byron.hawkins »

That works, thanks! Though for some reason I have to uncheck "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" in my settings--otherwise it mysteriously appears. Or maybe a different element appears in that case? I don't mind a few ads if they are not obnoxious, so I'd like to keep non-intrusive ads enabled if possible.
mapx

Post by mapx »

hmm , reverso is in that list, so any hiding filter is disabled.
byron.hawkins

Post by byron.hawkins »

Hm, so my filters don't override that list? Well I'll post it as a suggestion in the filters forum.
mrbansal

Post by mrbansal »

Adblock Plus does great job when it comes to blocking banner ads but why does it not be able to remove pop ads as well? Movie sites will have countless pop ads that accessing them becomes so difficult even with the extension having on. I have to use a separate pop ad blocker because of it. When will ABP be able to remove those annoying ads as well any idea?

Mr Bansal
Burdekin214

Post by Burdekin214 »

Ad blockers can't block this kind of advertising. The only way to remove the ads is to remove the adware that's causing them. So the first step in troubleshooting unblocked ads is to scan your computer for malware, even if you have a Mac.