New tab pops every time I open Chrome

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Hatking

New tab pops every time I open Chrome

Post by Hatking »

The tab that tells me AdBlock Plus has been installed, keeps popping up whenever I open Chrome.

There is a link "Does this page keep showing up?" It leads to a couple suggestions. One, remove Adblock via the Chrome store and reinstall it. This doesn't work, I've tried repeatedly. The second suggestion is to manually remove it from my PC. It provides a directory to do this, but that doesn't exist on my PC - and randomly deleting directories seems like a bad idea. Nothing is labeled Adblock, and nothing is apparently related to extensions in the Chrome folder.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and Adblock does seem to work. It's just annoying that the page keeps popping up.
mapx

Re: New tab pops every time I open Chrome

Post by mapx »

try disable all other extensions to test ABP

also, if you use software like ccleaner when you enter / close the system, disable such software and try again
HatKing

Post by HatKing »

Problem fixed. I must have misread something, I found the directory and deleted the folder. It didn't work the first time, but then I uninstalled ABP from Chrome, closed Chrome, deleted the folder, opened Chrome and reinstalled ABP. It seems to be functioning as normal now.
rmorrin

Post by rmorrin »

ive tried doing the delete in directory thing several times the tab keeps popping up what should i do now?