[malware] App of the Day (don't install !)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
wojcieh

Re: [adware] App of the Day

Post by wojcieh »

Mine was chrome reloader.
JIDF

Post by JIDF »

FYI I ran into this same issue in FireFox, and isolated the problem to Diigo's Awesome screenshot: Capture/Annotate 2.4.3. To their credit, they state in the description:
This extension also integrate some additional features such as "Discover Similar Sites" and "Price Comparison While You Shop." These are value-added features, and definitely are not "Malware" or "Adware" as some may mistakenly believe. Please also note that these features are disabled by default unless you enable them. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS EXTENSION IF YOU STILL DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE.
I never enabled such features and suddenly started seeing such "app of the day" spam recently.
gaglage

Post by gaglage »

My problem was with Lyrics plugin :(
Anonymous909

Post by Anonymous909 »

I've got a solution, Check your installed programs. If you can find "Conduit" or "Search Protect" uninstall it. Restart chrome and see the results.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

For me it was Defer (formerly Instachrome) 2.6.1
jasonyoung.denmark

Post by jasonyoung.denmark »

I use Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7. I removed FastestFox and WindowShopper, and the problem went away. Do NOT remove AdBlock, as the latter is doing it's job by only allowing the "App of the Day" message to show, rather than allowing those two add-ins to work. This would appear to be new code in those two add-ins, per forum posts on MalwareBytes website.
chichbich

Post by chichbich »

Video Download Helper 1.1.6.1 was the one for me :twisted:
Apple|Sauce

Post by Apple|Sauce »

mapx wrote:evolta, what version ?
I have 1.8.3 and still receiving the messages :c
mapx

Post by mapx »

Apple|Sauce wrote:
mapx wrote:evolta, what version ?
I have 1.8.3 and still receiving the messages :c
find the bad extension
and/or
scan for malware / adware
use
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/ ... ware.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/A ... 12632.html

read also
forum/viewtopic.php?p=103331#p103331
gonzoid

Re: Adblock Plus Extension Spam?

Post by gonzoid »

erkme73 wrote:And mine was Service Pages for Google Chrome (5.0.4). It had been a very powerful, useful, and convenient extension until the dev sold out. It's been pulled from the extension store.
Thanks for the information, same one for me. For the record, ads can be disabled in the options menu.
Syra crysti

Post by Syra crysti »

If you have detected adwares like Shopper-Pro which floods the screen by showing fake shopping offers and discount coupons then you can make use of ...

edited by mapx:
follow the guide here:
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/shopperpro-virus-removal/
jesonjohn01

Post by jesonjohn01 »

App of the Day is one of the annoying adware program, which mainly enters in the Windows computer via freeware or shareware download from unsafe sources. I have faced App of the Day few month ago. But along with that I have successfully removed this too. If you still looking for effective App of the Day removal solution then you can check verwijderen-virusspyware.com/verwijderen-mybestofferstoday. It was really very helpful for me, you can also get effective and complete solution.
omidfm

Post by omidfm »

For me it was the Chrome App "Incognito This"
Christine60

Post by Christine60 »

For me ,that'swas chrome reloader.
MSI Team

Re: [malware] App of the Day (don't install !)

Post by MSI Team »

If each user is experiencing a different extension causing the problem, it might be caused by malware on your computer infecting those extensions. Anyone experiencing this issue should probably scan their computer for malware with a trusted anti-malware program. First check to confirm the anti-malware program is compatible with your antivirus software, and never install an anti-malware product offered by malicious advertisements (only install trustworthy anti-malware products). Personally I recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (the type of anti-malware program that would detect this type of malicious or unwanted software); if that does not work, then I would recommend Malwarebytes Chameleon. Thanks.