YouTube now shows "An error has occurred" while ads running

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
mapx

Re: YouTube now shows "An error has occurred" while ads running

Post by mapx »

kzar wrote:
Heh, you beat me to it :D
;)
probably using jobp's YT account you could reproduce it on your system ?
stephenmoore009

Post by stephenmoore009 »

just to let you guys know, mine is still working great. you do however still get the occasional 20-30 second ad before the video which is the way it was working before all of this started happening. but I'm fine with that, at least now its an ad based on what the video content I clicked on is about and not some stupid shampoo ad or something stupid like that. I don't even know why or how I even made it to the google ad settings page to begin with I just figured since I was there I would turn everything off that I could, it was worth a shot. but in return it just happened to fix the problem with the error pause, and it seems to be working for numerous other people as well. may just be a conflict between there ad settings and abp, I'm not a computer whiz so I cant say whats going on. I just hope mine keeps working as is. thanks for checking into this problem and ill keep watching for any solutions you guys come up with, you guys are great...!!!
Clappie

Post by Clappie »

stephenmoore009 wrote:just to let you guys know, mine is still working great. you do however still get the occasional 20-30 second ad before the video which is the way it was working before all of this started happening. but I'm fine with that, at least now its an ad based on what the video content I clicked on is about and not some stupid shampoo ad or something stupid like that. I don't even know why or how I even made it to the google ad settings page to begin with I just figured since I was there I would turn everything off that I could, it was worth a shot. but in return it just happened to fix the problem with the error pause, and it seems to be working for numerous other people as well. may just be a conflict between there ad settings and abp, I'm not a computer whiz so I cant say whats going on. I just hope mine keeps working as is. thanks for checking into this problem and ill keep watching for any solutions you guys come up with, you guys are great...!!!

I haven't gotten a single AD since I did this. I have gotten no ads and no errors. So not sure how you still get an ad.
stephenmoore009

I don't know but 1 in 50-75 videos aint bad considering before I installed abp I was getting an ad on every video.
rach

Post by rach »

Are you guys still getting the error as of today?
Seems like a lot of users are not getting the error anymore.
Please let us know.
stephenmoore009

Ok so I figured it out, well kind of... I'm subscribed to Tested on YouTube. That's the only videos I'm still getting an AD on before the video plays. All of the other video's I watch there are NO AD'S and NO error's... That's what I'm seeing so far anyway. ill keep updating as the days go on.
Zeak

Post by Zeak »

@rach I haven't noticed it since then
Clappie

Post by Clappie »

rach wrote:Are you guys still getting the error as of today?
Seems like a lot of users are not getting the error anymore.
Please let us know.
Heya!

No. Just opted into all the ads based on interrest again, and removed the extension. I get no errors and no ads! So everything is Awesome!

I guess it was something they fixed on Googles end? If so, then that YTDanish guy on the help forums spoke true about them looking into it! :)

Anyway, you guys have been very responsive throughout this, and you have made an amazing adblocker! So cheers!
Zulith

Post by Zulith »

i'm still getting the error.

testcase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSxIEo2vxU

try seeking through the video and the error will pop up around 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you already follow these steps:

- go to https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads ... ated?hl=en
- turn off "Ads based on your interests"
- test again
justinn007

Post by justinn007 »

Also interestingly enough the errors aren't showing up on the gaming.youtube.com section gclub
chasenchai

Post by chasenchai »

Never mind, it didn't solve the issue.
meetup

Post by meetup »

YouTube is testing a new ad mechanism, and the new mechanism (rather naturally) wasn't tested on systems blocking ads; it then produces a delay if the ad can't be downloaded, rather than silently skipping it.
AngelinaLumsdaine

Post by AngelinaLumsdaine »

meetup wrote:YouTube is testing a new ad mechanism, and the new mechanism (rather naturally) wasn't tested on systems blocking ads; it then produces a delay if the ad can't be downloaded, rather than silently skipping it.
Yes this is true!
indworld

Post by indworld »

Thanks for this information.