YouTube now shows "An error has occurred" while ads running

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
stephenmoore009

Re: YouTube now shows "An error has occurred" while ads running

Post by stephenmoore009 »

Clappie wrote:
stephenmoore009 wrote:so I went to google ad settings and opted out of everything I could find. even online and offline searches, and also installed there double click opt out software and as of right now everything is working..! if it goes back to the same situation ill update here as soon as it does.
Doesn't work here. Still getting the error here and there.
that's weird... after doing what I posted (since about 3:10-3:20PM EST) mine has worked flawlessly. may just be a fluke and not work at all tomorrow, but as of now no ads and no error pauses... ill keep updating though. over on reddit the youtube guys are blaming adblock. but from what I can gather nobody knows whats happening... :roll:
Clappie

Post by Clappie »

stephenmoore009 wrote:
Clappie wrote:
stephenmoore009 wrote:so I went to google ad settings and opted out of everything I could find. even online and offline searches, and also installed there double click opt out software and as of right now everything is working..! if it goes back to the same situation ill update here as soon as it does.
Doesn't work here. Still getting the error here and there.
that's weird... after doing what I posted (since about 3:10-3:20PM EST) mine has worked flawlessly. may just be a fluke and not work at all tomorrow, but as of now no ads and no error pauses... ill keep updating though. over on reddit the youtube guys are blaming adblock. but from what I can gather nobody knows whats happening... :roll:
As I just said a minute before you xD It DOES Work! :D I just did it wrong before! You are a life saver. I am sharing your tip across the Google Help Forums and Reddit as we speak. Hopefully it will help others!

Cheers man! You get ALL the Internet cookies from me!
stephenmoore009

Awesome Clappie, hopefully its the fix everyones looking for... Go me.!!! :D
stephenmoore009

make sure you post links to where you gave the info, I wanna see if it helps anymore people... I'm intrigued to know if its really a fix...!!!
Clappie

Post by Clappie »

stephenmoore009 wrote:make sure you post links to where you gave the info, I wanna see if it helps anymore people... I'm intrigued to know if its really a fix...!!!

So far no response, but i DID just post them all. I made to sure mention, in every single post that I wasn't the one who found the possible solution.

I will make sure to post here if the response is positive or negative with links!

Cheers again!
Clappie

Post by Clappie »

Alright!

First guy responded positive!

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/commen ... ry/d0xqpl5

Also, I made this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/commen ... s_occured/

And have made that same comment many places on Reddit. And Youtube Help Forums.
stephenmoore009

that's awesome...!
womp

Post by womp »

The solution above did not seem to work for me. Confirmed I disabled all ads based of interest, offline and online. Confirmed I'm on the right account on youtube and google after installing Opt-out.
I'm still getting the error sadly.
stephenmoore009

that sucks, I'm sorry. maybe someone will come up with something better soon... as of today mine is still working fine...!!!
Clappie

Post by Clappie »

That means, from feedback, that we are 10 people it has worked for so far, that I know of, and 3 it hasn't. Womp and 2 on Reddit.

*Sadface*

As it's still working for me, after having just woken up.
Zeak

Post by Zeak »

Since changing my Google ad settings, it far lessens the issue but it still happens occassionally
Clappie

Post by Clappie »

Zeak wrote:Since changing my Google ad settings, it far lessens the issue but it still happens occassionally
Thats sad :/ I am going to guess you also installed the extension? And Opted out all 3 places you can? 1 in Online, 2 in Offline.

So far it seems most are responding positively. Of written feedback I have about 15 or 16 replies (including myself) of positve response (From here, Reddit and Youtube Help Forums), and 4 of negative response. Two from here, and two on Reddit.

I have written messages to a top contributor and a Google Experts on the Youtube Help forums, as well as a Google Employee on Reddit, so hopefully this is something they will look into, as it does seem to be something about the ads themselves and the ad settings, if turning off ads based on interrest helps the majority.

Hopefully this will be fixed permanently for everyone soon. Eitherway, hopefully the guys making the different Adblockers will know where to look now, when updating the Adblockers.

Sorry I can't help you though.
stephenmoore009

mine is still working great... ive been checking the feedback on the two links you posted clappie, I'm surprised that it works for most but there are just a select few that is not working. I'm wondering if they are doing everything right, and all at once.... its confusing, makes me want to go back and change mine to see if it starts again but I don't want to mess it up since it is working again...
weeLz

Post by weeLz »

See
stephenmoore009 wrote:mine is still working great... ive been checking the feedback on the two links you posted clappie, I'm surprised that it works for most but there are just a select few that is not working. I'm wondering if they are doing everything right, and all at once.... its confusing, makes me want to go back and change mine to see if it starts again but I don't want to mess it up since it is working again...

Seems to be working for me now too :)