YouTube now shows "An error has occurred" while ads running

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome

Re: YouTube now shows "An error has occurred" while ads running

Postby kzar » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:01 pm

I just wanted to let you all know that we're looking into this problem (issue 3794) to see if there's a way we can work around it.

So far I'm struggling to even reproduce the issue but I'm hoping we can figure something out!
kzar
ABP Developer

Postby kzar » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:02 pm

mapx wrote:https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/3794

Heh, you beat me to it :D
kzar
ABP Developer

Postby mapx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:07 pm

kzar wrote:
mapx wrote:https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/3794

Heh, you beat me to it :D

;)
probably using jobp's YT account you could reproduce it on your system ?
mapx

Postby kzar » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:06 pm

mapx wrote:probably using jobp's YT account you could reproduce it on your system ?

Well I gave that a try already, he kindly gave me access to his account. Unfortunately I _still_ couldn't reproduce the issue!
kzar
ABP Developer

Postby stephenmoore009 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:32 pm

just to let you guys know, mine is still working great. you do however still get the occasional 20-30 second ad before the video which is the way it was working before all of this started happening. but I'm fine with that, at least now its an ad based on what the video content I clicked on is about and not some stupid shampoo ad or something stupid like that. I don't even know why or how I even made it to the google ad settings page to begin with I just figured since I was there I would turn everything off that I could, it was worth a shot. but in return it just happened to fix the problem with the error pause, and it seems to be working for numerous other people as well. may just be a conflict between there ad settings and abp, I'm not a computer whiz so I cant say whats going on. I just hope mine keeps working as is. thanks for checking into this problem and ill keep watching for any solutions you guys come up with, you guys are great...!!!
stephenmoore009

Postby Clappie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:20 pm

stephenmoore009 wrote:just to let you guys know, mine is still working great. you do however still get the occasional 20-30 second ad before the video which is the way it was working before all of this started happening. but I'm fine with that, at least now its an ad based on what the video content I clicked on is about and not some stupid shampoo ad or something stupid like that. I don't even know why or how I even made it to the google ad settings page to begin with I just figured since I was there I would turn everything off that I could, it was worth a shot. but in return it just happened to fix the problem with the error pause, and it seems to be working for numerous other people as well. may just be a conflict between there ad settings and abp, I'm not a computer whiz so I cant say whats going on. I just hope mine keeps working as is. thanks for checking into this problem and ill keep watching for any solutions you guys come up with, you guys are great...!!!

I haven't gotten a single AD since I did this. I have gotten no ads and no errors. So not sure how you still get an ad.
Clappie

Postby stephenmoore009 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:05 pm

I don't know but 1 in 50-75 videos aint bad considering before I installed abp I was getting an ad on every video.
stephenmoore009

Postby rach » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:59 pm

Are you guys still getting the error as of today?
Seems like a lot of users are not getting the error anymore.
Please let us know.
rach
ABP Community Manager

Postby stephenmoore009 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Ok so I figured it out, well kind of... I'm subscribed to Tested on YouTube. That's the only videos I'm still getting an AD on before the video plays. All of the other video's I watch there are NO AD'S and NO error's... That's what I'm seeing so far anyway. ill keep updating as the days go on.
stephenmoore009

Postby Zeak » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:43 pm

@rach I haven't noticed it since then
Zeak

Postby Clappie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:55 am

rach wrote:Are you guys still getting the error as of today?
Seems like a lot of users are not getting the error anymore.
Please let us know.

Heya!

No. Just opted into all the ads based on interrest again, and removed the extension. I get no errors and no ads! So everything is Awesome!

I guess it was something they fixed on Googles end? If so, then that YTDanish guy on the help forums spoke true about them looking into it! :)

Anyway, you guys have been very responsive throughout this, and you have made an amazing adblocker! So cheers!
Clappie

Postby Zulith » Tue May 17, 2016 11:24 am

i'm still getting the error.

testcase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSxIEo2vxU

try seeking through the video and the error will pop up around 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through
Zulith

Postby mapx » Tue May 17, 2016 11:32 am

Did you already follow these steps:

- go to https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads ... ated?hl=en
- turn off "Ads based on your interests"
- test again
mapx

Postby justinn007 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:02 am

Also interestingly enough the errors aren't showing up on the gaming.youtube.com section gclub
justinn007

PreviousNext

Return to Adblock Plus for Chrome support