Daily Caller new static ads not blocked

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
JCP

Re: Daily Caller new static ads not blocked

Post by JCP »

OK. I finally realized I needed to click on support. But when I did, the development build shown under extensions, it is build 1.12.2.1666 that is displayed, not the 1.12.2.1667 mentioned at the link.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

If you're referring to the outbrain stuff, if you add the Annoyances List does it help?
JCP

Post by JCP »

Don't know what the annoyances list is. If you could kindly explain, I would appreciate it. But what I was saying is that when I install the developer build by clicking on the chrome link under the support tab, it looks like the latest developer build is not installed, but rather the next-to-latest developer build. And the ads are still there.
JCP

Post by JCP »

Here is a screenshot of my extensions in chrome. You can see the development build shown is not the same build number as is shown at the chrome store site.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/abnbtcq3y0ffd ... 0.png?dl=0
mapx

Post by mapx »

click "Developer mode" and then "update extensions now"

also go into filter lists tab and update your lists
mapx

Post by mapx »

Do you still see adreclaim ads or outbrain ads ?
JCP

Post by JCP »

I'm afraid I'm failing the IQ test. I don't know where to find "development mode." I'm clicking on the link to the chrome store you provided earlier. Under "support" I do not see developer mode. Should I be looking someplace else?

I am still seeing ads at this point, although I don't think I actually have the latest development build as demonstrated in my screenshot. But still, how am I supposed to know whose ads they are? I don't see "outbrain" listed anywhere, for example. Am I supposed to click on one of the ads?

Finally, how are filter lists supposed to be updated? When you said I should save my filter list, not seeing a save option I edited the list as raw text, copied the filters, then pasted into a text editor. After clicking on the development install for chrome on the support site, I re-pasted my filters from the text file back into the raw text filter screen. Is that what you mean by updating?
mapx

Post by mapx »

You posted a screenshot (from extensions page). In that page click on "developer mode" (at the top on the right). Then click "update extensions now".

To update the lists: click ABP icon, options, "filter lists". Click "Update now".
JCP

Post by JCP »

OK. That did the trick. Ad-free once again. Thanks!
JCP

Post by JCP »

JCP

Post by JCP »

Surprised no reply by now. Are these ads not capable of being blocked?