Youtube MCNs - Page Specific Rules

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
jayne

Youtube MCNs - Page Specific Rules

Post by jayne »

Can rules be designed based on contents of a page? Specific example: Can I create a rule to check for a meta tag in a page on YouTube and based on that tag disable Adblock Plus? This would allow me to enable ads for YouTube MCNs.
mapx

Re: Page Specific Rules

Post by mapx »

jayne wrote:Can rules be designed based on contents of a page? Specific example: Can I create a rule to check for a meta tag in a page on YouTube and based on that tag disable Adblock Plus? This would allow me to enable ads for YouTube MCNs.
if you want to whitelist specific channels on YT, read and apply this:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/4168- ... block-plus
jayne

Post by jayne »

I was hoping there was a way to allow or disallow certain MCNs, not certain channels/users.
mapx

Post by mapx »

what is MCN ? example ?
jayne

Post by jayne »

MCNs are the companies YouTube channels partner through to get ad revenue opportunity for their videos. If a YouTube channel is partnered through YouTube directly the data showing it can't be found, however on channels through some kind of network (whether a multi-channel network, SubMCNs, Virtual Networks, Proprietary Networks, Content Distribution Networks, SMCNs, VNs, PNs, or CDNs or whatever the particular organization is) the data showing they're partnered and who with is shown in the video pages.

Code: Select all

<meta name=attribution content=BBTV_VIP_Gaming_managed/>
is in the HTML source for videos that are claimed and monetized by I assume a company named BroadbandTV under a managed partnership (which offers some amount more than an unmanaged partnership) they've branded as "VIP Gaming."

The data can also be there if some company has swooped in and slapped a copyright violation claim on a video and instead of taking the video down, asserted rights to the revenue that video makes in the future.
mapx

Re: Youtube MCNs - Page Specific Rules

Post by mapx »

Provide as already asked an example of such page / video / channel.

Probably you need a userscript like that above.