Adblock Plus enabled on The Washington Post prevents videos

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
kentuckywoman2

Adblock Plus enabled on The Washington Post prevents videos

Post by kentuckywoman2 »

This is a new problem.
When I go to The Washington Post now, I can no longer watch any of the videos unless I completely disable Adblock Plus.
When I click on the video, it will simply say the video content is unavailable.
Once I disable Adblock Plus, I have no problem watching the video. However, that means I get all the other ads on the page, which are legion.

Apparently The Washington Post has figured out how to get people to disable their ad blocker! When I try to fine tune Adblock Plus to try to figure out just what is being blocked that prevents me from watching the video - and that's usually an advertisement before the video plays - I find I cannot do that. It's either block everything or block nothing. Can this be fixed in Adblock Plus, so that we can decide what we want to block and what we do not? I miss watching the videos!
mapx

Re: Adblock Plus enabled on The Washington Post prevents videos

Post by mapx »

I cannot reproduce consistently (only the first attempt, then the video is normally running ... even with 5-10 seconds delay)

video tested:

Code: Select all

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/britain-police-say-attacker-acted-alone-but-have-arrested-7-in-sweeps/2017/03/23/178100f4-0f98-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.00727a2d2396
eventually disable all other extensions and test again