Query: Work around for 'Ad-Block detected..."?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
KCCoff

Query: Work around for 'Ad-Block detected..."?

Post by KCCoff »

The number of "Uh,oh - ad-block detected! You must disable it to access this site" notifications is increasing, seemingly exponentially. Is there any kind of work-around to bypass these notices and access the sites? The one I came across most recently is this one:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-a ... -7-8....go

I try to pick my battles, and if I really want to visit a site, I will disable ADP for that page, but I skip far more of these websites than I access, since I don't like their attempt at enforcement. Is there a solution to this, or have I veered into "We don't address this issue" territory? :-)
lewisje

Re: Query: Work around for 'Ad-Block detected..."?

Post by lewisje »

There are a couple of projects specifically aimed at working around adblock-detectors; one is the Adblock Warning Removal List: en/subscriptions#type_other

**This post was redacted due to legal policy reasons**
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
rach

Re: Query: Work around for 'Ad-Block detected..."?

Post by rach »

Hey KCCoff,

I'm sorry, but we are not covering site-specific filter questions in the Adblock Plus forum.

The Adblock Plus project is deliberately not involved in authoring filters. The best place to get help for such questions is the forum of a filter list project.

Let us know in case you have any questions.