Incompatibility with Evernote Web Clipper

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
dpyzhov

Incompatibility with Evernote Web Clipper

Post by dpyzhov »

I use Evernote Web Clipper extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nefbikjilc and part of it's dialogs is disappearing when Adblock Plus extension is turned on. Even when I explicitly add 'evernote.com' to the whitelist. I didn't see this issue when I used Adblock (without 'Plus') extension.

I have a workaround to this problem (disable Adblock Plus and refresh the page). But the issue is really depressing.

Also I've talked with Evernote support team, they have analysed some logs and are finger pointing to Adblock Plus.
mapx

Re: Incompatibility with Evernote Web Clipper

Post by mapx »

part of it's dialogs is disappearing when Adblock Plus extension is turned on
Provide the exact steps to get the issue. Explain what disappears. Do I need an account ?
dpyzhov

Post by dpyzhov »

I'm afraid yes, you need at least free account in Evernote to reproduce the issue. You don't need to download desktop client. Web Clipper is enough.

I've created a video so you can see the difference in result when Adblock Plus is turned on and when in is turned off. Here is the link.

So reproduction steps are:
1. Install Adblock Plus and Evernote Web Clipper
2. Open some page after both extensions are installed or refresh any existing page
3. Click on Evernote icon and login or register in their cloud.
4. Try to save the page. It will be saved but part of messages will be missed.

Unfortunately it's quite important to see message that page has been saved. Because if you close the page before that message there is a chance that page will not be saved at all.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I cannot reproduce your issue. I see clipping, syncing and finally the share page. All normal here, the saved docs are then visible in my evernote account.

What's the ABP version you are using ? What filter lists are enabled in ABP ?
What if you keep ABP enabled but disable all the lists ? still happens ?

Try using (for test) chrome portable + ABP + Evernote Web Clipper (nothing else, no antivirus plugin in portable chrome).
dpyzhov

Post by dpyzhov »

It looks like there is one extra step that is required for reproduction. You need to select 'Simplified article' as a target format for saving in Evernote Web Clipper.

Thank you for collaboration =)