It is not completely working

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
TheUser

It is not completely working

Post by TheUser »

Hello I have a problem. It is been 1 or 2 days that the web site that I visit shows some advertisements. It is annoying. I am suspicious of program that i downloaded but I deleted it. Unfortunately this ads are not going anywhere. I would be glad if you would help me!
mapx

Re: It is not completely working

Post by mapx »

Are you thinking we are able to read your mind ? :roll:
Some info ? (site, ABP version, filter lists, chrome version)
spikemetal

Post by spikemetal »

adding to whitelist now puts them on blocklist. it was working last week, what did you do?
on "tvguide.com/listings" it does not block elements. when page is refreshed they come back. they have an autoplay video that cant be blocked :(
i am sure there are other problems now too but i have not found them yet. give it time they will find me. its my curse ;)

(using chrome v49 , windows xp home, x86, 32bit system)
ABP v 1.13.3
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

I'm surprised that ABP still works in Chrome 49 (currently that is the minimum version); maybe uBlock Origin would work better (Chrome 38 minimum), but either way, you may want to consider getting a new computer with Windows 10, or backing up all of your data and putting Linux Mint XFCE on your current computer.

A couple other good ideas, if you'd rather not switch operating systems, include using FlashPeak Slimjet 10 (Chromium 50 backported to XP and Vista) or Firefox ESR 52, the last browser still being patched for XP or Vista.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.