Chrome Gamepedia Siderail Won't Hide

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Jarkes

Chrome Gamepedia Siderail Won't Hide

Post by Jarkes »

Okay, so I've recently switched to Chrome and I'm having a problem. I'm on zelda.gamepedia.com, and I'm trying to block the siderail element because it's blocking some of the text when I scroll down. Except even when I add the rule, it doesn't go away when I select block element and add the filter. I can hide the individual elements of the siderail, but not the siderail itself. The filter I'm attempting to use is:

zelda.gamepedia.com###siderail

Why is this not working? There's no reason for it not to because all my other filters are working, and again, it can hide the individual elements of the siderail with no problem.
mapx

Re: Chrome Gamepedia Siderail Won't Hide

Post by mapx »

siderail element
Where's that element ? Upload a screenshot indicating the element (use imgur.com, post here the link)
Is it on some specific page ? Post the page link.
Jarkes

Post by Jarkes »

The siderail is here:

https://imgur.com/a/ZRcmg

And it also scrolls down with the rest of the page and blocks certain elements, as seen here:

https://imgur.com/a/hpwGj
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you disable "allow some non intrusive advertising" ?
Even disabling it, will still be on page an annoying part. For now ABP can do nothing but soon will land in chrome a correction and all hiding filters will work much better.
Jarkes

Post by Jarkes »

Yeah, I tried that, and it blocks the ads within the siderail but not the siderail itself.

Thanks for letting me know.

And while we're on the subject, I seem to no longer be getting email notifications for these threads. I was wondering about that.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you try clicking "subscribe" topic ? (at the bottom)