How to add filter in Chrome

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
jhaber3

How to add filter in Chrome

Post by jhaber3 »

In Firefox, if I see an ad, I can right click on it to see the option to call up a dialogue box with Ad Block Plus. It then offers me a couple of choices for a filter (with or without wildcards). Easy. I don't see that in Chrome. All I can find is, in right clicking on the ADB button on the top bar, a way to navigate, eventually to a screen for adding a filter manually, which is to say anyone's guess. Any help?
mapx

Re: How to add filter in Chrome

Post by mapx »

how to add custom filters:
forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42013

creating filters: click ABP icon, "block element", select on page, create filter.
jhaber3

Post by jhaber3 »

I see, thanks. Doesn't seem to make the ad go away, even if I reload the page, though. I'm at

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... rlier.html

and seeing an ad at top for a car.
mapx

Post by mapx »

The hiding filters cannot always help with the last injecting-ads tricks.

However, I cannot see any ad (using european IP / US IP)

As I know slate used (probably still using) a very aggressive modality (ABP is not able to block such ads).
You could give a try to uBo (ublock origin) but installing another companion extension (exactly for such cases): uBlock Origin Extra
jhaber3

Post by jhaber3 »

Thanks! You know what I might try? I might open the page in Firefox and right click the element to see what a filter with a wildcard would look like, since I don't trust myself with the ADP syntax. Then I can edit the filter that ADP added to Chrome. I'll see how it goes.