Adblock Plus version number 1.13.4
Chrome 57.0.2987.133
MacOS 10.12.6
Filters used:
- EasyList
- Adblock Warning Removal List
- EasyList without element hiding rules
- facebook annoyances blocker

ABP is suddenly blocking all links in text, including the text itself, on Slate.com. Meanwhile, ads are getting through (and the steps for reporting false negatives don't work on Chrome for Mac.)

Steps:
1) Go to any Slate webpage with ABP on, e.g. http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... ioner.html
2) Notice that many sentences are ungrammatical, e.g. paragraph 2, "Now, a has resurfaced following the New York Times report in which five women accused C.K. of inappropriate behavior. C.K. has since confirmed that ."
3) Disable ABP and reload page.
4) Note that p2 now reads "Now, a video of Ackerman’s question and Stewart’s dumbfounded response has resurfaced following the New York Times report in which five women accused C.K. of inappropriate behavior. C.K. has since confirmed that those stories are true."

ABP is blocking all text links from Slate. At the same time, I am getting banner ads across the top and sidebar ads. Manually trying to block each element has no effect.
mapx

Re: Blocking all links on Slate.com?

Post by mapx »

No issues for me (using chrome 63, ABP last dev build)

what to do:
1. you are using an old chrome ==> update to the last
2. remove - EasyList without element hiding rules (you already have easylist)
3. remove all your custom filters for slate
4. disable all other extensions , keep only ABP, test again
5. if still in trouble (after updating chrome, lists, disabling the list above and other extensions) => sync / save your settings (bookmarks, passwords etc), reset chrome, reinstall ABP, test again
elusis

Re: Blocking all links on Slate.com?

Post by elusis »

Thanks - between updating Chrome (I thought I had auto-updates on, huh) and removing the duplicate EasyList subscription, it seems to be sorted for now.

(Now if only Chrome 63 didn't make it impossible to access my extensions with a keyboard shortcut, argh.)