AdBlock Plus causing Netflix Errors

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
ShaeJinn

AdBlock Plus causing Netflix Errors

Post by ShaeJinn »

Hi. So, obviously, I have an issue. Adblock Plus is causing some majorly annoying Netflix errors. (now, before I get some people saying 'well, then its an issue with netflix and not the adblock', please allow me to inform you that I have, in fact, talked to netflix tech support. The issue isn't on their end, and it seems they've run into this issue with this ad blocker before.) Any time I'm watching something, be it movie or TV show, and I try to fast forward, or rewind, either Netflix loads to about 95%, then gives me a black screen telling me they've encountered an unexpected error, and to reload the page, (It gives me this error code every time: M7353. If you look it up on the Netflix help center, this is the website it brings up: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/50065? ... ck&q=M7353 ) or, when I try to fast forward, it refuses, letting me get to maybe 10 - 20 seconds ahead before it skips right back to where I was before. Now, as I mentioned earlier, I talked to Netflix's tech support, and they said it was most likely my ad blocker, which prompted me to disable it for Netflix, as I was reluctant to disable the entire extension. But the issue persists, and I'm still getting the exact same error code as before I turned it off. And other than Adblock Plus, I have no other extensions installed on my browser that didn't come with the browser, like Google Docs, Spreadsheet, etc.
I'm a little frustrated, and I would appreciate a little help..

Now, the "Report an Issue" page says I need the Adblock Plus version number, the browser and browser version number, and my operating system:
I have no idea, unfortunately, what the Adblock Plus version number is, or how to find it..
I'm using Chrome, but I don't have any idea about the version number for that either.
My computer uses windows 10, I believe.
mapx

Re: AdBlock Plus causing Netflix Errors

Post by mapx »

I have no netflix account.

So, read these instructions and post only the blocked requests (select them using the left top boxes)
ShaeJinn

Re: AdBlock Plus causing Netflix Errors

Post by ShaeJinn »

That really didn't seem to do anything... Any other suggestions?