Spotify Webplayer Breaking When Ad Starts

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
BasementVirg

Spotify Webplayer Breaking When Ad Starts

Post by BasementVirg »

Hey all, new user here.

For quite some time now, I've been using Spotify Webplayer with the AdBlock filter lists and everything would work out fine. However, about a few weeks ago, the webplayer stops playing music and breaks on this one specific ad. The ad in question looks like this:
Only way to 'fix' it is to reload the page. Has anyone encountered this problem before, and if possible, know of a proper fix for it? Thanks :D
mapx

Re: Spotify Webplayer Breaking When Ad Starts

Post by mapx »

other users, other adblocker, see here:
https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues/724
BasementVirg

Post by BasementVirg »

mapx wrote:other users, other adblocker, see here:
https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues/724
Thanks for the reply mapx, but I assume no solution was found for AdBlock? I mean, I'm not quite sure what to do with the information you provided (though it was insightful). Sorry about that, I'm just not very tech-savvy when it comes to stuff like this...
mapx

Post by mapx »

Disable ABP, install uBo and uBo-extra, test again spotify
BasementVirg

Post by BasementVirg »

mapx wrote:Disable ABP, install uBo and uBo-extra, test again spotify
Still doesn't work, though the image of the actual ad has disappeared. I haven't changed anything to the actual ublock filters/code though...it's mostly because, I don't know how to add the "||audio-fa.scdn.co/audio/*$media,redirect=noopmp3-0.1s,domain=open.spotify.com" line in ublock...
Do you know of any work around for ABP itself, or should I hold out some hope that an AdBlock update fixes things? :P
mapx

Post by mapx »

That filter was already added in the "ublock filters", so ..if does not work (even in uBo) ..for the moment nothing to do
BasementVirg

Post by BasementVirg »

mapx wrote:That filter was already added in the "ublock filters", so ..if does not work (even in uBo) ..for the moment nothing to do
Alright, guess I'll just use YouTube or cave in and buy Spotify Premium lol. In any case, thanks for the quick replies mapx :D Appreciate it!