webrtc ads

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
davida

webrtc ads

Post by davida »

Hi,
a quick thought that i have about those nasty webrtc ads, i know currently chrome cant block webrtc connection but the signaling process of webrtc connection needs to be anything else than webrtc, cant we block this?
mapx

Re: webrtc ads

Post by mapx »

en/filters#options
webrtc — connections opened via RTCPeerConnection instances to ICE servers (Adblock Plus for Chrome and Opera 1.13.3 or higher required, Adblock Plus for Firefox and Safari not yet supported)
So, as you can see the webrtc channels can be closed / filtered.

examples already in easylist

Code: Select all

! WebRTC adservers
a.ajkelra.com^$webrtc,websocket
a.akailoparzapi.com^$webrtc,websocket
davida

Post by davida »

the current solution to blocking webrtc connection is by wrapping the rtcpeerconnection and via the iframe srcdoc trick they bypass the wrapped function and get the real function.
so the latest adblock plus with the latest chrome cant block those webrtc connection. but as i said above every webrtc connection needs to exchange sdp via other than webrtc connection unless there is a way correct me if i'm wrong.
mapx

Post by mapx »

well, ABP still needs to implement new features to fight against these tricks managed by inline-scripts. So, for now you can use ublock origin which has all these features.
davida

Post by davida »

i am using ublock but i would like to keep using adblock plus so my only question is where is the sdp transfer request? did they do it without the transfer of the sdp? how? can someone explain?
mapx

Post by mapx »

if the "sdp transfer request" is managed by the inline-script, well, you have still to wait ..for what I wrote above.

I added you here:
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/3207
davida

Post by davida »

the sdp transfer between the browser and the server (for my knowledge ) needs to be in any other communication method other than webrtc so via websocket/xhr/etc... so if the sdp transfer via any of this methods than we can block it. unless the sdp somehow transfered via the webrtc but as i said i think its impossible unless someone will prove me wrong.