Anti-Adblock Overlay on Videos

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
PlsHelp

Anti-Adblock Overlay on Videos

Post by PlsHelp »

Yo, I've been infuriated by this issue for a while now and can't find a solution anywhere.

I see overlays like this one all the damn time, and can't get rid of them. I've got AB, ABP, and recently AdGuard, which doesn't disable the overlay, but allows the video to play underneath it, which seems like a step in the right direction (I can hear the damn opening theme song and it drives me nuts that I can hear but can't watch).

I've tried the whole Reddit solution of Inspect Element > Delete, and I've tried f*ck overlay's F*ck It, which does essentially the same thing, and while both remove the annoying text, the video still won't play. In the case of the link I provided above, it'll get rid of the text, but the grey overlay is still there. If I go one step further and delete that element, well, that's the video container (I think? I am essentially illiterate when it comes to this sh*t).

How the hell do I get rid of the overlays so that I can actually watch the video? Not just text, but the wall it's painted on, too.
mapx

Re: Anti-Adblock Overlay on Videos

Post by mapx »