AdBlock extension prevents triggering of button

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
itmks

AdBlock extension prevents triggering of button

Post by itmks »

Hello AdBlock team,

I'm one of the programmers for a website in Romania [redacted] (simple base64 encode because i don't want google to index it, so please, don't use any links or plain text domain name here, thank you in advance).

THE PROBLEM

I spoke with a client for about 30 minutes and the conclusion is this: on some products from our website the ADD TO CART button doesn't trigger because of the AdBlock extension.

I don't have any information regarding the AdBlock version which the client was using, in fact, i don't have any other information to give beside the agent which is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36. We are not running any ads on the website!

For me, personally, everything works as it should. The next base64 is an example for a specific product that the client gave me. The link is:

Code: Select all

[redacted]
QUESTIONS

Is there a solution for this specific problem?
What can we do?
Is there a way to verify the website?
Can you include the website in an exception list?

If you have any other information on how to fix this, please, i'm very open minded.

Can we make this post private so we can talk freely? Or should we comunicate on email, facebook, other place?

Thank you for your time and i hope we will work together on finding a solution to this problem.
Last edited by itmks on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mapx

Re: AdBlock extension prevents triggering of button

Post by mapx »

I see the site / page, I added to the COS a lot of products, no issues for me (using also the romanian filter list).

The client should tell you / us ABP version, chrome (or other browser) version, what filter lists he's using. Eventually he should disable all other extensions and keep only ABP (just to be sure there are no conflicts)
itmks

Post by itmks »

Thank you for your reply,

I cannot ask again the client about this problem. I forgot to mention when the client disabled/paused the extension, the button worked as it should. I also forgot to write that we have a problem with some of our clients (i also found out today) that they can't add products to their shopping list and someone from support helped them without telling any of us about this problem. So this problem is not from today or yesterday, this problem persisted for some time, but today, i stepped into the rabbit hole. Can we discuss more freely and be a little bit techie? Or at least philosophically? Maybe we should create some causes?

Maybe something from our website is triggering the ABP and it thinks it's an ad. How ABP decides that an ad is an ad? If it's a button that uses javascript to also be triggered, maybe a part of that code interfere with ABP.

I really appreciate your response and i'm eager to know what will you say.

Thank you!
mapx

Post by mapx »

Without a reproducible test case nobody can help you.

ABP (as any other adblocker) "decides" what to block relying on filter lists.

Easylist is the main list:
https://easylist.to/easylist/easylist.txt