Edit box when adding new custom filter is dissabled

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
evlo

Edit box when adding new custom filter is dissabled

Post by evlo »

When i want to block new banner i right click on it and select block element, which is great feature, but then dialog windows appears and it has two buttons for confirming and canceling the action, but it also has what appears to me as editbox (text surrounded by 1px border :) ). So after i click "block element" address what appears in dialog is something like ad65535.bbelements.com/?velkahaluz=euaiousd%djfad&rjesi=4554 so i obviously want to correct it to *bbelements.com* but i can't, edit box is not editable. This bothers me since i start using adthwart. So if this is not bug, please kindly consider it as feature request. Thank you.

Also some way for easily block flash ads would be nice.

And also something that lists all elements of the page like adblock in firefox does so one can easily blog javascript scripts would be welcome too. :)
Wladimir Palant

Re: Edit box when adding new custom filter is dissabled

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Yes, this dialog currently won't allow you to change anything - you need to go into Options and edit the filter there. I think that I better don't fix this for now - this "dialog" is actually inserted as part of the webpage and the webpage can easily manipulate it. Right now all it can do is canceling, if we make the filter editable it will be able to add its own filters. And I am not really happy with that.

I guess that we will have to open filter addition in a new tab - at least until Google makes the pop-up API officially supported. There we will be able to edit filters without allowing the webpage to meddle.

Not being able to block Flash ads is a Chrome limitation, see forum/viewtopic.php?p=40839#p40839

Blockable items list is something that we will most likely see in Chrome as well eventually.
ttjoseph

Re: Edit box when adding new custom filter is dissabled

Post by ttjoseph »

Using the notifications API is also a possibility (pops up a separate little window) but that was not designed for reliable user interaction (e.g. notifications can be globally disabled).