Pandora Ads Still Showing

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Adam

Pandora Ads Still Showing

Post by Adam »

Any reason why ads still show up on Pandora? They don't usually show up at first but when you click thumbs up or thumbs down or even skip to another song, new ads appear. This does not happen in Firefox with ADP. Also audio/video ads are showing. I'm using the Easylist filter list.
Till
ABP CEO

Re: Pandora Ads Still Showing

Post by Till »

I can't reproduce the issue as Pandora is restricted to US visitors only. Can you maybe upload a screenshot?
luagh45

Post by luagh45 »

They play ads that stop the music. This was not an issue for Firefox.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

I cannot access the site either but this sounds like ads are loaded via an object subrequest - this is something that can be blocked in Firefox but not in Chrome, a Chrome limitation (http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=35897).
ttjoseph

Post by ttjoseph »

I am in the US and Pandora's music player uses Flash. So as Wladimir says, object subrequest is the issue here.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like the object subrequest is the issue for Chrome as this does not happen in Firefox. Does anyone know if this will be changed in Chrome to be like Firefox?
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Not until the issue I mentioned above is fixed - or some similar mechanism is implemented.