Firefox filters to chrome

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
archey

Firefox filters to chrome

Post by archey »

is there anyway i can import my firefox filters to chrome? i really want to use chrome but the only thing holding me back is the filters, i have certain ones(alot) in just to block video ads on youtube/jtv but not text/image ads
Till
ABP CEO

Re: Firefox filters to chrome

Post by Till »

In the Preferences of Firefox-ABP you can export your custom filters (Ctrl+E). You can then add them to Chrome as well (Options->Add your own filter). You have to do it line by line, however. If this is too much work you could upload your filter list somewhere and add the URL to your filter lists.
LorenzoC

Post by LorenzoC »

Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

You don't have to enter them line by line, click "Edit filters as raw text" and you will get a text field to copy them into. That's as comfortable as it goes right now...
archey

Post by archey »

i tried exporting it in FF but its grayed out
Wladimir Palant

Exporting in Firefox should only be grayed out if you don't have any own filters - only filter subscriptions. Are you trying to move filter subscriptions from Firefox to Chrome?
archey

Post by archey »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Exporting in Firefox should only be grayed out if you don't have any own filters - only filter subscriptions. Are you trying to move filter subscriptions from Firefox to Chrome?
yeah, because i used the easylist subscription, but removed some filters from it
Wladimir Palant

Adblock Plus/Chrome currently doesn't support disabling individual filters - to be fixed.
archey

Post by archey »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Adblock Plus/Chrome currently doesn't support disabling individual filters - to be fixed.
alright, but is there anyway to export my edited version of easlylist from firefox? also how can i add an exception so i see ads on certain pages, like certain users on JTV
Jesper

Post by Jesper »

If you have an edited version of EasyList, just go to Chrome -> ABP -> Filterlists type : file:///path_to_txt_file/custom.file.txt and hit add... :-)
If you meant you just disabled some of the filters in EasyList.. Then you can just re-subscribe to it in Chrome, but you can not disable individual filters as Wladimir said.

_
Jesper