can't hide adblock button

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Tectuktitlay

can't hide adblock button

Post by Tectuktitlay »

Hi guys,

Might have found a bug. I'm starting Chrome in incognito mode automatically with the "--incognito" flag. I use the "allow in incognito mode" option for the extension. I select "hide button" from the Adblock Plus button, but nothing happens. The button stays visible. By the way, the "Show Button" option does appear in "chrome://extensions/".

Can you fix this? As much as I appreciate Adblock Plus, I'd rather hide the button.

Tec
Till
ABP CEO

Re: can't hide adblock button

Post by Till »

To hide the Adblock Plus button you just have to go to Options>General and disable "Show icon in address bar". This also works in the incognito mode.

But I think you might have asked this question in the wrong forum. The "hide button" option only exists in another Chrome extension that unfortunately was also named "AdBlock" but is not related to the Adblock Plus community. Adblock Plus for Chrome is available here: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/de ... fddb?hl=en
Tectuktitlay

Re: can't hide adblock button

Post by Tectuktitlay »

Thanx, Till. I think you're right. I removed the other extension and installed Adblock Plus. It works fine.

BRgds,

Tec