Need the ability to whitelist IP's in addition to domains

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
shriekingmonkey

Need the ability to whitelist IP's in addition to domains

Post by shriekingmonkey »

Brilliant extension, I love it ... but I do have one issue. I've got to access some internal development systems by IP in my browser, and unfortunately the extension breaks those sites (seems to be some conflict with jQuery on certain pages). I see there is the ability to whitelist domains in the extension preferences, but since I can't address these systems by a DNS name, what I really need is the ability to whitelist IP's.

I tried entering the IP's in the whitelist anyway, and it accepts them, but those sites are still broken when I attempt to access them (I assume it's treating the dotted ip addresses as domain names internally somehow). The sites work fine when I completely disable the extension.

This keeps me from being able to use it at all as I have Chrome syncing all my extensions across my browsers at work and at home, and if I disable it at work then it's disabled at home as well.

Thanks!
Wladimir Palant

Re: Need the ability to whitelist IP's in addition to domains

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Adblock Plus correctly disables even if the site is accessed by IP address - simply click the ABP icon and uncheck "Enabled for this site". So it is probably better to figure out what your issue is. Does the breakage have something to do with loading images? Then it is probably this issue: en/known-issues-chrome#dynamicimages