invisionfree.com

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome

Re: invisionfree.com

Post by Guest »

Ares2 wrote:Hmm, the only thing I can offer is a slightly modified rule, can you try that?

Code: Select all

forum.dslbuddy.net##.pformleft[width="300px"]
forum.dslbuddy.net##div[style*="height:90px;width:728px;"]
snadge

Post by snadge »

YOU ARE DA MAN!!! hehe - that works better than it did before removing them 100% of time and closing up the gaps 100% of time, before I was happy wit partial removal

brill, thanks again :)
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Glad it finally works. :)
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

A bit bewildering and frustrating, but I'm not having any luck getting the filter modification to work on my macbook. Adding the filter seemed to work fine on firefox on my iMac, and successfully blocks the new ad from invisionfree, yet adding the same code on my macbook yields no result :(

Any idea?
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Two questions:

What site are we talking about? Plase give a link.

Are you using Chrome, Firefox 3 or Firefox 4?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

A few weeks ago, I googled about this issue and this thread came up. The aforementioned filter rule for IF didn't work for me but earlier today, I found one that does.

##DIV[style="font-family: Helvetica,arial,Tahoma; color: rgb(239, 242, 255); letter-spacing: 0.3px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; position: relative; height: 90px; width: 728px; border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(90, 112, 179);"]
This remedied the problem immediately, hope that helps.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Kayla wrote:A few weeks ago, I googled about this issue and this thread came up. The aforementioned filter rule for IF didn't work for me but earlier today, I found one that does.

##DIV[style="font-family: Helvetica,arial,Tahoma; color: rgb(239, 242, 255); letter-spacing: 0.3px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; position: relative; height: 90px; width: 728px; border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); background-color: rgb(90, 112, 179);"]
This remedied the problem immediately, hope that helps.
It seems that they've modified their banner code marginally to use hexidecimal codes too. I would recommend adding this as a filter rule as well, which is what I had to use to block it for me:

##DIV[style="font-family: Helvetica, arial, Tahoma;font size: 16px;color: #EFF2FF;letter-spacing: 0.3px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;position:relative;height:90px;width:728px;border:1px solid #666;background-color:#5A70B3;"]