invisionfree.com

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
snadge

invisionfree.com

Post by snadge »

Hi

I have a forum on invisionfree.com free forum hosts.. adblock plus on chrome used to block ads really well but now all of a sudden they are coming back through, it does seem they have changed from reg ads to ads about forum hosting with them - can you add filters for it? the choose your own method doesnt work

thanks
Till
ABP CEO

Re: invisionfree.com

Post by Till »

Hm, I can't find ads anywhere on this forum with Adblock Plus enabled. Where exactly do you see them?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I'm having the same problem with them.
I normally don't see them on the main page or under any of the forums or categories, but they show up in each individual thread.

here is a screenshot:
http://i51.tinypic.com/259xqh0.png

and here's another from the bottom of the same page:
http://i56.tinypic.com/167o5e8.png

Like Snadge said, Adblock used to block all of the ads really well, and still blocks the regular ads that I see on IE, but I'm not able to block this new ad. :(
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Sorry for Double-posting, but I forgot to mention that I'm using firefox.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

I'm also having this problem. I'm using the latest FF. It's always the blue invisionfree ads. I've been using this forum for ... oh, I guess about 2-3 years, and this is the first time I've seen this. ABP just isn't catching it now for some reason.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Wanted to add: My friend who has a Mac is also a member of this same forum (we are both the only members and are admins) and she does NOT see the ads.
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Those can be blocked by adding the following 2 rules to your personal filters:

Code: Select all

invisionfree.com##.pformleft[width="300px"]
invisionfree.com##div[style*="height: 90px; width: 728px;"]
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

THANK YOU, Ares! That worked!! *hugs*
snadge

Post by snadge »

mmm i get them all the time and the codes do not work for me... iam using adthwart legacy

i get the ads on my home page, sub forums but not on posts
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

snadge wrote:iam using adthwart legacy
Obviously you will have to use Adblock Plus for Chrome for the rules to work (at least I hope they work, I haven't tested them on Chrome).

After all, this is the Adblock Plus forum. :)
snadge

Post by snadge »

same thing -> adthwart teamed up with adblock plus and renamed it adblock plus, they kept the old one and called it legacy but the only difference I think is the name

i get same results with adblock plus

here is screenshot of ABP working with your code added above and still i get the adverts

hmmm, seems all adthwart has done is renamed their product?

snadge

Post by snadge »

i forgot too add in my post above that Iam using Chrome Beta and the forum url is http://forum.dslbuddy.net
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

snadge wrote:and the forum url is http://forum.dslbuddy.net
That's was the right thing to mention. :) Just modify the rules to target your domain:

forum.dslbuddy.net##.pformleft[width="300px"]
forum.dslbuddy.net##div[style*="height: 90px; width: 728px;"]
BTW:
snadge wrote:same thing -> adthwart teamed up with adblock plus and renamed it adblock plus, they kept the old one and called it legacy but the only difference I think is the name
AFAIK, Adblock Plus for Chrome is already far superior and it is under heavy development to bring it up to par with the Firefox version. I think element hiding is one of the few things that has remained the same.
snadge

Post by snadge »

thanks for the code but i still have the adverts? exactly same ones (invisionfree.com promoting their service) before it was just related to forum subjects and they were removed 90% of time but now thats stopped working, ive tried changing from easylist to fanboy but to no avail?? :(
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

Hmm, the only thing I can offer is a slightly modified rule, can you try that?

forum.dslbuddy.net##.pformleft[width="300px"]
forum.dslbuddy.net##div[style*="height:90px;width:728px;"]