Where are custom filters stored? What file where?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
FrustratedCarol

Where are custom filters stored? What file where?

Post by FrustratedCarol »

WTF????? I wrote a DETAILED MESSAGE on the problem, tried to "SAVE" it, got a message "Sorry, we don't like spammers here" and my detailed message is GONE!!!!!!!
Took me a long time to write it so I could get HELP!! WTF IS THAT SPAMMERS MESSAGE????? and then it DELETES LEGIT WRITING!!!!!!

I had NO links which typically spammers use -- so WHY??? All I had was a title/subject and normal TEXT! No emojies or anything.

All it said before was that saving would save only the Subject and the Message, not any other elements, which was fine with me, as that is all I had, Subject and normal Message text. I am already at the edge due to the ABP problem and this really pushes me over!!!!

Shall I waste my time again to get deleted again? Now I do not trust this forum!!! Totally frustrated with ABP, perhaps it's time to move on completely.

I'll try again. Take another hour to write it again, have to REMEMBER what I wrote.

If this one gets deleted, then ABP gets deleted and I'll tell the Chrome Store exactly WHY!

Here goes:

SlimJet based on Chrome.
ABP still shows on the Extensions page.
Icon is changed to that of the Extensions page.
Options link leads to "File Not Found"
File cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb still shows up in the proper place.
ABP does not work in this condition.
Icon on Toolbar changed to that of the Extensions page.
Have reloaded browser more than once, problem remains.

What I did immediately before this:
--installed extension Reader View from the Chrome Store - complete DISASTER! Made browser inoperable, maxed out CPU, after several hours of researching how to get rid of it, finally did. Browser was inoperable so could not use to delete in the normal way.
--while getting back to normal, decided to install All-In-One-Customized-Adblock-List (to hopefully get rid of those incessant newsletter popups which ABP does not do).

My custom filter list has been added to over several years and includes some/many sites which tried to do Ransomware on me. I go into the Temp Internet Files and find all the redirects they use and block all of those also. This list is something that cannot be remade ever. ABP USED to have an automatic backup which would save this situation. WHY did they ever remove that???? Seems like it would be simple to put back in with that new remake for FF Quantum. Which I will not use.

WHERE is that file containing the information of my custom filter list? Where is it, what is its name? Where among all the various places on my hard drive ABP files are stored?????

I think what I can do is:--
--find THAT file mentioned above, where my custom filter list is stored
--copy and save THAT file
--uninstall and reinstall ABP
--replace the new file with my saved file

Any ideas on what has happened?
Any ideas on how to fix the situation without losing my custom filters?
Any ideas on WHERE my custom filter information is stored on my hard drive?
FrustratedCarol

Re: Where are custom filters stored? What file where?

Post by FrustratedCarol »

There is no reply here after some days plus could not get a straight answer from "support" email. Techie could not or would not tell me where the information is stored in what file on my HD which should be an easily answered BASIC QUESTION.

Gave stupid answers on the issue of my detailed account being considered SPAM! Which added insult to injury.

Went downhill ever since that "revision" for FF Quantum, principally NO AUTO BACKUP! ABP said they would be creating that, which should have been there in the first place, not "added" later.

ABP has reached its EOL as far as I'm concerned and has been deleted.