Nasty Bug: Exchange 2010 OWA

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
OWABUG

Nasty Bug: Exchange 2010 OWA

Post by OWABUG »

When using Exchange 2010 OWA and sending an HTML email, Adblock Plus dumps the entire filter list into your outgoing email. The list is wrapped with a style tag and is invisible to the user. Considering that the contents of the Adblock lists contain lots of strings that set off spam filters, this gets tagged as malware by just about everything.
ttjoseph

Re: Nasty Bug: Exchange 2010 OWA

Post by ttjoseph »

Thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately I don't have access to any Exchange/Outlook servers so I can't reproduce it. My best guess would be that the message compose text field is actually for some reason its own iframe, and its entire DOM is included nearly verbatim in the sent message. I guess that is the simplest way that MS thought of to make sure the HTML inside the message doesn't inherit styles from the Outlook UI when it is displayed.

The quick fix would be simply disabling ABPC for your Outlook Web Access site. Not sure what the best long-term solution would be.
Wladimir Palant

Re: Nasty Bug: Exchange 2010 OWA

Post by Wladimir Palant »

That's this bug: https://www.mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=23708
Unfortunately, I was unable to find a good solution other than disabling Adblock Plus on that site.