Webrequest

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
lewisje

Re: Webrequest

Post by lewisje »

I think he meant this: en/development-builds#installation

...but his link did hint at something important: Settings are not shared between stable and development builds.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
super_fox

Post by super_fox »

cool i got it works good can i also add EasyList (English) along with the two already there those are Fanboy's List (English) Recommended filters for Google Chrome if it's safe i would like to add the easylist .
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Generally you should have only one general-purpose list active at any given time; for example, you should have only one of EasyList, Fanboy's List, Adversity, or AdblockRules active.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
super_fox

Post by super_fox »

ok i will keep fanboys the one there and google thanks.
super_fox

Post by super_fox »

what is adversity and adblock rules i dont see them?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

super_fox wrote:what is adversity and adblock rules i dont see them?
They're in the big SubscriptionList that normally appears in the Firefox extension when you try to add a list that isn't in the drop-down list of common subscriptions: en/subscriptions

Also they, like all subscriptions on that page, have their own homepages that describe them even more; personally I only use Adversity Antisocial (designed to work with any main list) and stay away from the main Adversity list and AdblockRules, but then again if you only ever browse the Anglophone Web then the main Adversity list may be more efficient for you, because it only deals with English-language sites.
geki007

Post by geki007 »

Now with latest chromium build (17.0.921.0 (Developer Build 107690)) i see sometimes the injected adblock css <style> block text for a short time before the rest of the page is loading, but i'm not ably to reproduce it every time :(
geki007

Post by geki007 »

Update, think i have found a steps:
I used a clean install, opened an incognito windows and opened a few urls
and on hg.adblockplus.org and nodejs.org i had the problems
if i go a second time to the page, i don't have
if i close chrome and reopen open incognito and do the same, again the first time i have the problem

can somebody test it?
is it a chrome bug?
geki007

Post by geki007 »

After testing i filled a chrome bug: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... ?id=102046
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@geki007: Yes, if that isn't caused by interference from other extensions then it is definitely a Chrome bug - we insert a <style> tag, it should never be visible. But right now I am unable to reproduce that issue, at least with version 17.0.919.0 (canary).
geki007

Post by geki007 »

Did you the steps in the bugreport? I'm very sure it should also be in canary (canary is older than r107582, or isn't it?)
geki007

Post by geki007 »

ok canary is r107262, which don't have the bug
pirlouy

Post by pirlouy »

Wladimir Palant wrote:[*] Some false positives possible because Chrome doesn’t distinguish between objects and object subrequests (didn't seem to be much of an issue so far).
On Youtube, for example, you can't block ads requests coming from "ytimg" without blocking all the video. This "ytimg" request called for another site which can be blocked, but during 5 seconds, you have to wait before the video beginning (only for Flash videos).

With Firefox, you can block "ytimg" object subrequests but allow ytimg objects, then video is launched instantaneously.
Zlip792

Post by Zlip792 »

Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

@Zlip792: I'm not sure this change is relevant for us. If I understand correctly, Webstore is now allowed to install extensions using experimental API. We would still need to be allowed to upload an experimental extension there in the first place however. And I'm not sure that whitelisting Adblock Plus is what they had in mind.