No effect on new Ustream FULL SCREEN video & loud audio ads

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
bbsak

No effect on new Ustream FULL SCREEN video & loud audio ads

Post by bbsak »

UStream started with LOUD audio and full screen video pop up ads today and ABP for Chrome isn't doing a thing with them.

Is this something that can be fixed? Or am I not doing something correctly?
KamiKazeKenji

Re: No effect on new Ustream FULL SCREEN video & loud audio ads

Post by KamiKazeKenji »

This is really bothering me as well. It gets in the way, so I would like a method to block this as well.
ttjoseph

Post by ttjoseph »

When the webrequest extension API becomes stable, we expect to be able to block this type of ad.
SKaREO

Post by SKaREO »

Also happens on justin.tv and other streaming media sites.

I understand they generate revenue with advertising, but it doesn't matter. Advertising is a coercive one-way communication device manipulated by the elite to control the masses with mind control. I know because I studied marketing and advertising in university, and the goal is to convince people to make a decision without accepting alternatives. Take for example, if you sell a product with a branding strategy, as opposed to having no frills, you will be able to sell more of your product even if the price is substantially higher. This is the goal of advertising.

The money spent on advertising comes from the inflated price that customers (that's you) pay for the branded products. Removing advertising and branding from your life is challenging, especially on the internet now-a-days, this tool makes it possible to see the internet without all coercive one-way messages, and I support that.
Michael

Post by Michael »

No video adverts are able to be consistently blocked by Adblock Plus for Chrome at the moment. This is an issue that should be able to resolved as soon as the API is implemented.