adblock can no longer be used.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
usalabs14

adblock can no longer be used.

Post by usalabs14 »

I don't know if anyone has found this out yet, but more and more websites are using 'anti-Adblock' scripts to force people to disable their Adblock extensions, and allow a multitude of ads and possible malware to be displayed, using the excuse that the website uses ads to pay for the hosting.

One such example was earlier, my wife called me and said her computer is playing up, but when I looked, it was a legit news website she went to, something like CNN, or FOX, etc etc, and it had a 3/4 screen tall banner saying "We have detected you are running Adblock, to ensure the best user experience and to maintain this website as a free service we employ advertisements, that pay for these services, please either white-list this domain or disable Adblock to continue". White listing did nothing, I had to go into Chrome settings and disable the Adblock extension entirely, but as soon as the page refreshed, about 1/2 of the page was ads, and shortly after that another website replaced the news one saying her browser is out of date and to click a link to update it, but before I could hit CTL-F4 to close the browser, a download box opened to download chbrowser.exe, so I had to close that out and using task manager to end-task Chrome, to which I then re-opened Chrome to the default home page (Google.com) and re-enabled Adblock.

So you see, more and more websites are now forcing people to white-list or disable Adblock so that intrusive ads can be shown which sometimes after a timer has expired opens another website and then tells you something has expired and to download the update, but to a novice, this can be very dangerous, even legit websites are now forcing people to display ads.

So really there is no point now in installing any ad blocking, just go by the attitude of, "Just let them do whatever they want to my computer, I can always reformat, 4 times a week.