Can't comment on Gawker based sites

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Amaan

Can't comment on Gawker based sites

Post by Amaan »

Recently I've found myself unable to type anything in the comment boxes on all of gawker based sites (Lifehacker, Gizmodo, GAWKER). I tried hitting cancel and then hitting Start a new thread, but it can only get focus. I can't type.

I disable AdBlock Plus, hit reload, and voila, I can comment again. I have no custom filters added, and only EasyFilters, and Recommended filters for Google Chrome. Help, anyone?
Ares2

Re: Can't comment on Gawker based sites

Post by Ares2 »

I'm able to enter text in the comment box without any problems using EasyList on Firefox, but I don't know if anything Chome-specific is causing this. Does this problem occur all the time (for example even when you refresh the page) or just sometimes?
Jaymoon

Post by Jaymoon »

I too have the same problem with latest Dev of Chrome on Windows 7 with Adblock Plus installed.

Sometimes it helps to paste text into the box, then I can edit it in order to comment. Not sure why this happens, but grrrr it sure is annoying. :evil:
Danzor

Post by Danzor »

I have a feeling gawker did some shady stuff in order to make sure their ads get seen. They seem like the type of people who would do something like that.