Blocking flash objects possible like in FF?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Werbevorspuler

Blocking flash objects possible like in FF?

Post by Werbevorspuler »

Hi!

I use Adblock Plus under Chrome now for a while and use it under Firefox already for years. I just noticed it seems that I can't block flash objects under Chrome the same way I can under Firefox. Under Firefox a little tab appears above them when I hover with the mouse pointer over them which allows me to get the URL for blocking them.

This doesn't seem to work in Chrome yet and also when I switch in this mode where I can create new rules by clicking on areas this doesn't work with flash objects.

Is this due to limitations of Chrome and is just not possible yet? Is there a workaround for getting the URLs of flash objects? Right now I just create a filter for them in FF and copy/paste them in my Chrome list but it would be nice to have a way doing this in Chrome directly :wink:

Thanks!
OedipusTyrannus

Re: Blocking flash objects possible like in FF?

Post by OedipusTyrannus »

I'm also looking for the same thing
would be really great if it's possible
TomyLee

Post by TomyLee »

Activate Click-to-Play in about:flags
OedipusTyrannus

TomyLee wrote:Activate Click-to-Play in about:flags
Enabled Click to play, but doesn't seem to work
zexpe

Post by zexpe »

+1 it would be good to avoid installing both FlashBlock and AdBlock if possible...
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

OedipusTyrannus wrote:
You need to go to the Chrome settings "Under the Hood" and under Content Settings, make plugin content "click-to-play" rather than on by default.

However, if you actually want to block a Flash object, that's a bit more difficult.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
OedipusTyrannus

lewisje wrote:
OedipusTyrannus wrote:
You need to go to the Chrome settings "Under the Hood" and under Content Settings, make plugin content "click-to-play" rather than on by default.

However, if you actually want to block a Flash object, that's a bit more difficult.
Okay, that works
thanks