Twitter video's and GIFS not working properly with ABP

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Kiradai

Twitter video's and GIFS not working properly with ABP

Post by Kiradai »

ABP version: 3.8.4
Chrome version: Version 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Relevant configuration details: Normal 4 filters that come added with ABP upon download, gaiaonine filters to hide banners and ads.
Steps to reproduce issue: Open twitter, scroll till video shows up, click video to watch, problem happens.
Problem: Twitter videos when clicked to watch will disappear and sometimes play sound, sometimes no sound sometimes the sound might cut off after a few moments. Video disappears till page is reloaded where upon the thumbnail reappears till you click video again and the problem continues to happen like that.

What I think is wrong: I can click the ABP icon and turn the "this page" slide bar off (gray) and reload the page and it seems to play just fine? ABP seems to be reading twitter videos and GIFS as ads. I don't want to whitelist twitter, as I don't want actual ads to pop up. Some help would be nice, as I have no idea why this is happening when it hasn't happened till now. I literally have youtube playing just fine right now, this only seems to be happening on twitter from what I can tell? GIFS and stuff work just fine on tumblr and other places, just not twitter. :?
jimbaker22

Re: Twitter video's and GIFS not working properly with ABP

Post by jimbaker22 »

I have the same problem. It's so annoying! I hope I will be able to fix it soon.