Stopping ADBLOCK from updating

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Psibermage

Stopping ADBLOCK from updating

Post by Psibermage »

I need to determine WHEN you update things on my computer. Performing an update whenever you feel like it is not acceptable. If I cannot find a way to do this, I must stop making donations and remove your program from all our computers.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Stopping ADBLOCK from updating

Post by greiner »

This is nothing that we have control over because Chrome automatically updates all extensions in the background and I'm not aware of any way to disable that, unfortunately.

I found this support thread where they provide some further details and refer to this Chromium bug for adding support for extension version pinning.

There may be some instructions out there on how to disable extension updates by modifying some files on your computer but I cannot confirm whether those actually work. Furthermore, those solutions don't seem to be officially supported and therefore may stop working at any time so please be careful, if you want to experiment with those.

Another option would be to use Firefox since it's much more customizable than Chrome but I can understand if switching browsers is not an option for you.