Another YouTube question.

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
flammabledonkey

Another YouTube question.

Post by flammabledonkey »

After installing Adblock, the ads disappeared in regular website mode. However when I switched my playlist to fullscreen, they were back (both the pre-video ads and the ones imbedded in the video). Adblock obviously works as I haven't seen an ad when not in fullscreen, how can I get it to work in fullscreen mode as well?

*apologies if this question has already been asked, answered, and dissected... I'm new here*
Michael

Re: Another YouTube question.

Post by Michael »

Would you please provide a link to a video on which this occurs?
flammabledonkey

This happens on all videos. i have put this playlist on shuffle mode when the video is not in fullscreen and there have been no ads. However when I put the playlist in fullscreen, there is a pre-video ad after the second video and an embedded video in nearly every subsequent video.

The adblock works only when the playlist is not in fullscreen mode. I may be going out on a limb, but I think that YouTube has figured out that we're not watching our playlists on anything but fullscreen.
flammabledonkey

Here's a video on which it occurs.

However, like I said before, this only occurs in fullscreen mode when playing the playlist. It has nothing to do with the video itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRw0-4- ... 6B&index=2
Michael

Post by Michael »

I am unable to reproduce the issue, potentially due to my location. Would you please submit an issue report on the affected page?
Zdk15

Post by Zdk15 »

I can confirm that this problem exists.

In order to reproduce this issue, you have to be using Google Chrome with Adblock Plus, and finish watching a video in Fullscreen mode that is in a Playlist. The video will automatically go to the next video in the playlist after you finish watching, and the next video that starts will have an ad if that video has ads. This only happens if you're in fullscreen mode on google chrome watching a playlist. Firefox doesn't have this problem.

I believe it has something to do with the way the fullscreen window opens in Chrome. In chrome, when you fullscreen a video on youtube, you can alt tab and there will be two chrome windows open. One for the youtube page, and another for the fullscreen video. In Firefox, if you alt tab from fullsceen, the fullscreen video disapears and there will be only one firefox window open.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Sorry, I had forgotten I was in the Adblock Plus for Chrome sub-forum again. Please see the announcement about Adblock Plus for Chrome and video adverts for a brief explanation of the current system. When resource blocking is properly implemented in the extension, this issue should no longer occur (the functionality should be identical to that of Adblock Plus).