Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
a_blackpanther

Blocking images - WTF?

Post by a_blackpanther »

Argh, I hate adblock right now.

So, it's blocking these two images for some reason or other:
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g39 ... nner-1.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g39 ... nner-2.jpg

Even after I whitelisted photobucket.com [s]and even after I added exception filters specifically for those images. So, in order to see the images I disabled Adblock on Livejournal and now there's no button to turn it back on![/s] WTF?

ETA: After wrestling with it I finally managed to get it to work properly, no idea why it behaved that way in the first place.
Michael

Re: Blocking images

Post by Michael »

Which subscriptions do you have installed?
Last edited by Michael on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
a_blackpanther

Re: Blocking images - WTF?

Post by a_blackpanther »

Here's my subscriptions list:

EasyList by Michael, Ares2, Erunno, Khrin, MonztA
Fanboy's List by fanboy, Nitrox
ROList (Românesc) by MenetZ, Zoso
Recommended filters for Google Chrome
http://dev.mathiasbaert.be/misc/faceboo ... filter.txt
lewisje

Re: Blocking images - WTF?

Post by lewisje »

I prefer Adversity Antisocial instead of the final list you mentioned; also, you should not use EasyList and Fanboy's list at the same time, because their protections overlap too much and too many filters slow your browsing down.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Michael

Post by Michael »

I know that Fanboy's List has some filters pertaining to the "banner" string - is this the subscription responsible for the issue?
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Michael wrote:I know that Fanboy's List has some filters pertaining to the "banner" string - is this the subscription responsible for the issue?
While that maybe true, I don't see any adblock report or sample url to be pushing any blame around just yet.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Fanboy, I wasn't saying that your subscription was responsible, merely that, from memory, it contained rules relating to the "banner" string and therefore could be responsible. The only way to confirm or to deny this suspicion was to request that the user test the theory. How else can we attempt to resolve issues if we do not attempt to identify the cause (or, in your words, push the blame around)?

Regardless, I have had a look at ROList and have discovered the filter */banners/*, which would appear to match the addresses mentioned. Does disabling this subscription resolve the problem?