Youtube thumbnails and comments are blocked

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Dancinswords

Youtube thumbnails and comments are blocked

Post by Dancinswords »

Just yesterday, the thumbnails for all Youtube videos started being blocked, and all comments are also blocked.

I've tried to create exception rules to make them appear by disabling ABP and refreshing the page so that they appear, then re-enabling ABP without refreshing the page, then using the "block element" button to get the rule that would block the item, then just inserting what is supposedly the exception rule, "@@" before it, to whitelist those items. This has not worked. In fact, immediately upon adding the rule, the items get blocked, without even refreshing the page.

If someone could give me the custom filter rules to add to actually get the Youtube thumbnails and comments whitelisted, that would be great. In any case, this needs to be fixed so that people don't have to create custom exceptions for it. I have already used the "report issue" button for these problems as well.

Edit: Okay I have a fix for the issue. I stopped using ABP and switched to uBlock Origin. This seems to work better overall
pythonjake

Re: Youtube thumbnails and comments are blocked

Post by pythonjake »

But it should also work with AB Plus, comments and thumbnails are not ads. Maybe just restart the extension.