Google Tracking?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
DjTrip

Google Tracking?

Post by DjTrip »

I recently discovered that when your logged into a google account, that all your browsing data is stored. (For the most part)

What I'd like to know is, if I use the Easyprivacy filter, would I be worry free when I'm signed into my google account?

Additionally, would there be any way to clear the history I've generated on that account, (which might effect my search results), or is it permanent?

I appreciate your answers, thanks ahead of time

P.S.
This might be out of the scope of the extension, but it's a question I've been asking myself for years...

Is there a possible way to remove yourself|internet alias from google searches? I've always hated the fact that someone can google my Alias, and see the pass 10 years of my life according to google. (Sites I've used, places I've been, possible security info leaks such as birthday|address|real name from old registration forums.)

I have used google's report system to request removal of search data, but they never replied. This was about a year ago, I made 3 requests over 3 month period then gave up. The info is still on google a year later.
Michael

Re: Google Tracking?

Post by Michael »

DjTrip wrote:What I'd like to know is, if I use the Easyprivacy filter, would I be worry free when I'm signed into my google account?
If you are logged in, subscriptions assume that you want your information to be associated with your account and therefore do not prevent this from occurring. There is also the issue of identifying which items are used to collect data and those which are essential to website functionality given that the purposes are usually intertwined for website account holders.

DjTrip wrote:Additionally, would there be any way to clear the history I've generated on that account, (which might effect my search results), or is it permanent?
You should always assume that information, once published online, will be publicly available permanently - it is replicated so many times that it is not possible to delete all versions of it. Subscriptions work by preventing this information from being collected in the first place.

DjTrip wrote:Is there a possible way to remove yourself|internet alias from google searches? I've always hated the fact that someone can google my Alias, and see the pass 10 years of my life according to google.
Short of deleting the original content, no.
Google Privacy Centre wrote: How can I remove information about myself from Google’s search results?

...Google is a reflection of the content and information publicly available on the Internet. Search engines do not have the ability to remove content directly from the Internet, so removing content from Google or another search engine would still leave the original content that exists on the Web. If you want to remove something from the Internet, your best bet is to contact the webmaster of the site and ask him or her to make a change. Once the content has been removed and Google’s search engine crawl has visited the page again, the information will no longer appear in Google’s search results.
DjTrip wrote:I have used google's report system to request removal of search data, but they never replied. This was about a year ago, I made 3 requests over 3 month period then gave up. The info is still on google a year later.
The website owner is the only person eligible to request the removal of information from Google.