AdBlock issue in WordPress

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
weBioMagic

AdBlock issue in WordPress

Post by weBioMagic »

Hello.

Today I encountered with issue when AdBlock creates JS code on update in the end of WP article content:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">document.oncontextmenu=null;document.onselectstart=null;document.ondragstart=null;document.onmousedown=null;document.body.oncontextmenu=null;document.body.onselectstart=null;document.body.ondragstart=null;document.body.onmousedown=null;document.body.oncut=null;document.body.oncopy=null;document.body.onpaste=null;</script>
The same issue described about 1.5h ago there (Russian language): AdBlock issue

After disable extension articles update work correct. I hope your team fix it asap.

Thank you!

Regards,
Yura
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: AdBlock issue in WordPress

Post by greiner »

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As far as I'm aware of, Adblock Plus does not inject any such code into websites. The WordPress thread doesn't seem to indicate that the problem is caused by Adblock Plus either because one person there mentioned not having an adblocker enabled and another one stated that it was caused by a translator extension.

A good way to check whether the problem may be related to Adblock Plus is:
1. Disable all extensions.
2. Check whether problem exists.
3. Enable only Adblock Plus again.
4. Check whether problem exists.
5. Enable other extensions again.
6. Check whether problem exists.

If the problem occurs only at steps (2) and (6), but not at step (4), it's safe to say that it's unrelated to Adblock Plus.

It's also worth noting that AdBlock is a different product. So if the problem you're seeing is caused by AdBlock, please have a look at their support website at https://help.getadblock.com/support/home.